Monday, November 24, 2008

My Failure As A Wife


When food gets burned, or too salty or bland, or sometimes we just can't explain why we still call it food I'm glad I can still make some "decent" meals and have control of other things.I have to admit, I often try to justify to my husband these unfortunate events and I try to convince him and myself that the things that go wrong aren't all my fault. But this time there is no way out, I have damage nearly everything, from his socks to his favorite shirts even his bath towel 90% of his clothes are faded looking like I tie-dyed them. Last week he bought another shirt, so he could have something that doesn't look tie-dyed. I washed it on Thursday and as usual it looks tie-dyed again. This time this is not an excuse, but honestly I didn't put bleach on it nor on the past laundry, I changed my detergent powder for the third time because some friends here said it also happens when they wash their clothes and the powdered detergent has lots of bleach on it. Still I'm getting the same faded-tie-dyed results. I still don't know what the culprit is, but I'm starting to blame the water now.  It smells like there's too much chlorine or bleach on it. 
Five months ago I noticed  my baby had dry and rough skin and she smells more like bleach after bathing. So, I started using the drinking water to bathe her... (if ever you are reading this, yes that explains why our consumption of commercialized drinking water is like that, but you have to thank me, she doesn't smell like bleach and her skin never gets dry like before). Maybe I have to test my theory about the tap water and try to wash our clothes with the drinking water now, but that will be too expensive I guess... yeah I know its not a "guess", its a fact. 
Yesterday he looks mad, just half (50%) mad because he's afraid it will make him look old if he ever gets mad(100%). But I completely understand how it feels when you bought something and not being able to wear it decently, I also ruined one of my favorite pink dress after the third time I wash it, it just happened that he wasn't able to wear it decent not even for the first time. He still has one favorite shirt that's not damaged and I'm looking forward to not damaging it when I wash it today. And if ever it will end up looking tie-dyed again, I think I'll be doomed.
Maybe I have to try to hand wash it? Or maybe I can start selling tie-dyed shirts now. 
At least with my failures in laundrying, I get the assurance that I'm still human and not a Stafford wife. I wonder if Stafford wives wash with their hands or they use washing machine? 
One way or another I promise I'll take control of the laundry too, if I have I'll use the commercial drinking water and find other ways of doing the laundry. And maybe try to invent some type of clothing that doesn't get faded even if I wash it with bleach instead of water and detergent. Oh if I can clone clothes then he doesn't have to know what happened, and I don't have to worry what will happen the next time I do the laundry.


6 comments:

Ken said...

if your hypothesis are proven, therefore, we will set-up a carbon cartridge filter along the water line going to Garuda (our washing machine's name)

I have a lot of spare Carbon filter that we can use.

But I guess it's the "Sabon", so lets try DAC for the meantime.

Maryjane-The Beehive Cottage said...

Hello and thank you for visiting my blog! Your blog here is so sweet. We have something in common, the church! We fought the fight here in CA on Prop 8 and won! Who knows what will happen next! Have a wonderful day!

Hugs,
Maryjane

Mrs. Thoughtskoto said...

Maryjane: Yes we do have something in common. And its always nice to find fellow LDS in the blogging world. You also have a wonderful day and thanks for the visit.

DJDANCEMAN said...

Hello Kenji and Thoughtskoto, I agree with Maryjane, a carbon filter would work well, from my experience in Saudi, it depends on where you live as to how good or bad the water supply is, some area's have high chlorine content, and others don't. I too am a LDS working and living in Saudi...am in Riyadh, would like to make contact with any other LDS here too....any offers...., ciao for now and keep the faith.

Mrs. Thoughtskoto said...

DJDanceman: Thank you for the visit and for your comment. Four days ago he did test the chlorine level of our tap water, and my hypothesis is right.The chlorine level is very very very high. I think I'll make a post about our water experiment and analysis. He already set-up a water carbon-filter to neutralize it.
Regarding your inquiry about LDS in Riyadh, we'll try to help you with that, just let us know how we can contact you.

Reanaclaire said...

we learn by errors..and practising makes perfect.. though perfection is not easy to achieve. no one is perfect except our Lord..haha.. so dont worry if things dont turn up good..it is part and parcel of life.. :)