Saturday, August 2, 2008

7 Habits of Really Effective Shopper

Are you one amongst those who really takes the time shopping? Or one who gets bored with your companion who spends too much time shopping? I remember how my dh complains about how long it takes for me to shop for something. But no matter how he complains I don't intend to change the way it is. Why? I think its part of being a good shopper. So here are some reasons why you should really take time shopping.


1. If you really want to save money for your grocery, you have to be familiar and aware how prices of products ranges from different grocery stores or super markets. There are products that are cheaper here than there. If you don't need it now, why not wait when you come to the other store or super market so you can save.



2. Be smart and consider your health, you've got to know what's in the food you are taking/eating. It's a habbit I got from my dear aunt and mother. Check out the ingredients and take time to compare each brand. The "nutrition facts" are great facts/ information for your calories and nutritional intake.




3. Shopping for clothes, shoes and accessories gives me a chance to tour the entire mall or malls in the area. Why should you spend too much when other boutiques have on sale items. And why hurry buying your clothes if other stores have better designs at cheaper price. Some expensive brands/lines of clothing put items on sale so customers can afford it- be aware and be the first to come!



4. Don't be an impulse buyer. Not all things on sale are cheap, some stores put mark up on prices before going on sale, and it doesn't make the price low. Be smart and know what's expensive and where you can save. And did you ever buy a good brand of dress which they put on sale but later found out you wouldn't want to wear it? Or did you ever bought a last pair of shoe on sale? And found out, it doesn't fit nicely because its only close to your real size.


5. Take time to ask the sales person about the product. If its an electronic, know where it was made, is the spare parts available in case you need it? Warranty? Is there a service center for it? Not all things are written in the user's manual. If you are buying bags, know the quality of what you buy. Is it leather or synthetic, if you don't know why not ask. Some bags are too expensive simply because of style and brand name but are nothing when you talk of quality. We should never compromise quality over fashion.



6. Brands does matter. Sometimes it can make your item expensive, but some brands are consumer tested and the quality is superb compared to other brands. It is better to spend a little more on something that would last longer. So take time investigating which brand is preffered by the consumers. I don't mean that you have to make a feasibility study, but you can ask friends. An electrician friend for electronics, or someone good in computers for computers and laptops, a fashionable friend for your fashion items and so forth....


7. Sometimes it really takes more than one- store- visit to decide which one to buy, specially if you are buying something that costs a lot of money. Product reviews are helpful so why not take time to check it online too.





Hmmm... I thinks that's all I can suggest. Do you have other shopping tips to add on this?

I hope you take the time, be smart and enjoy your shopping!

Good luck and hope these ease your shopping dilemma.

5 comments:

Usedautosale said...

I wanted to have an exchange link with your blog and know more about you. Please leave a comment to my blog so we could exchange links

http://usedcarsale.wordpress.com

Unknown said...

A quick note to let you know I have another contest for a free book on my blog. Hardly any entries so far! It's a great book :-)

Michaela Stephens said...

One rule I try to follow is to not pay retail price for clothes. I prefer to get my clothes at thrift stores because then I am not limited to whatever silly style happens to be clogging up all the retail places. I shop at thrift stores so that I can make my money stretch further. I shop at thrift stores so that I can let go of my mistakes easier. (It is harder to let go of a $50 mistaken purchase than it is to let go of a $4 mistaken purchase.)

Mrs. Thoughtskoto said...

Hi, thanks for all your comments. And that is indeed true Michaela, even on buying other stuffs, its usually better to buy in bulks. I have this habit of computing "how much does it cost per gram if I buy this much, and do I save some penny if I buy a little more". And of course when we buy in bulk or wholesale we have the opportunity to stock items which saves a lot specially now that prices of commodities always go up.

Ken said...

We always make a list going to the market, and sometimes the money is also budgeted.

It's great to be here and joining people who read Mrs. Thoughtskoto thoughts.