Saturday, August 9, 2008

Invest In Bonds


One of the things I really want to do if I have a good amount of capital is invest in bonds. My Financial Accounting Professor has shared to us how profitable it had been for her because bonds typically have a predictable stream of payments and repayment of principal and it also yields a good interest income. It is far more dependable in maintaining your capital compared to stocks and equity securities now that economy is unpredictably fluctuating.
Anyway, this blog post is not intended to persuade you to invest in such, I'm referring to other bond investment. How about investing your time to bond with your family?
I really appreciate my husband for taking me out every week to eat out, stroll in the mall, do shopping together. I know he is investing so much time doing it, instead of staying in the house after a long day of work. So, if you notice he wasn't able to post much as he does sometimes, he is investing time on us. It can be a good option for your 'Monday, Family Home Evening Day'.
We keep this habit of investing bonds with family members and hope to make this traditional to our family/ posterity. It helps a lot to strengthen the family, continues the courtship for mom and dad too.
Not a bad investment, in fact we consider it the best investment. And I assure there is no loss here. David O. McKay said "No success can compensate for failure in the home," and we do know this is true. While we work, we do this for our family for their comfort and security, but there are times we forget the real reason. Isn't it all for our family? Should they be in mercy of the time you have for other things?

Here are some of the things we can do with our loved ones.
  • Family Home Evening- A once a week time to play with your family members, share some life's lesson with them, and counsel together about decisions and other family matters.
  • Dinner with them- a simple yet good investment of your time. You may be too busy with business meetings, but aren't your family as important as your business associates or whoever. There are things talked in the dinner table you might also miss out.
  • Bring your family to the mall or anywhere each family member enjoys to be. Why would I forget going to mall, I love shopping or window shopping. Its our weekly date.
  • Camp with your kids or family- it provides opportunity to teach them and bond with them. It's wholesome, and fun too.
  • Whatever you enjoy doing together as family, do it!
I really love to invest in bonds, it is profitable and eternally rewarding. The payoffs start now and continues to eternity....


(click for larger view)

3 comments:

Kathryn Skaggs said...

Great post. Thanks so much for sharing:-)

LdsNana-AskMormon

Mrs. Thoughtskoto said...

You're welcome...And thank you for the visit and comment:-)

Ken said...

I think I can honestly say that the blogger is beautiful, inside and out! Wait, what am I talking?

I am not spammer... hehe.


If there is something Mrs. Thoughtskoto loves, it is the time we spend together, converse just about anything under the sun, our childhood memories, playing in the rain, etc... those for me are QUALITY TIME. THOSE ARE BONDS. INVESTMENT THAT WILL NOT YIELD MONEY, and yet money cannot buy.