Sunday, October 26, 2008

She Call's Him Papapa


Hevyn turned 6 months last Oct. 15. She's now a talkative darling. I don't know how she learned it, on her fourth month she first said "mama" while we we're staring at the closet mirror with Winnie the Pooh sticker. She touched the sticker and said "mama"- obviously that's not "mama", but at least she learned now that I am "mama". When she turned 5 months, she became more talkative and seemed to immitate a conversation with us by mumbling (really sounds like she's conversing with us). That's when she learned how to call her father "papapa" in a very sweet darling tone as if saying "helo". Since she's a baby, we're trying to teach her to call him "dada", but this is how she wanted to call him "papapa"....
We co-sleep by the way, and every morning she wakes up she would touch my face and hold my messy hair and say "mama, mama". How sweet, it just feels like heaven to wake up this way. In the afternoon, my dh also takes a nap once he gets home and Hevyn does the same to him, of course he wouldn't be able to sleep. Her sweetness just makes us want to play with her more.
Home is truly a heaven on earth. I couldn't ask for more. I'm grateful for my dear husband who's working really hard to sustain us with our needs. Of course I could choose to work prestigiously as an accountant here. But its truly a blessing to be a stay at home wife and be able to take care of my families needs personally,  see my daughter grow each day and be there for her anytime she needs me.  

2 comments:

Ken said...

Thank you for the post, though I am not giving up that someday she will learn to call me 'dada' haha. TH.

I don't know where she learns the habit of staring in the mirror and pose for a cutest look or wan a smile? I don't know where she learns to raise her eyebrow every time a total stranger tries to talk to her...

She won't be an amazing baby as she is right now, if u are not staying home and taking care of her...

Somehow, I'm proud that my wife is a SAHM. Always, I am looking forward to come home and hug the woman I love and the baby we both adore.

Paula said...

Sleeping snuggled with a baby is one of the greatest joys in life.