Saturday, April 25, 2009

Another Weird Dream




Sleeping seemed so hard for me the past few weeks. I don't know why I can't get myself to sleep although I feel really tired and sleepy. Anyway, I miss being able to sleep and dreaming. The last dream I had is kind of weird. I'm writing it here as a counsel from dh to write down all the dreams I can remember each night. lol. Ask him why, every time I wake up I have one or more stories to tell from the dreams I had. 

Of course this dream has something to do with the 72 hour kit just like the previous dreams I had. In my dream I can see New York City, although I've never been there, I can see four nuclear power plants at the same time and all those four started to melt-down and there's a big explosion. Then news started flashing on tv about it telling that the radioactive wave has reached Thailand and almost 3/4 of the earth is affected. In my dream we( dh, hevyn, and me) happened to be having our vacation in the Philippines and we're safe but we're warned to be alert, stay together and be ready for any possibilities. Also I didn't worry much about my 72 hour kit, having it right beside. And when I woke up, I told dh about it, and asked him how many nuc power plants are there in NY. He advised me to google it and to my surprise there are four just like in my dream, of course its just a coincidence. Again a product of my not too wild imagination,  and worries. 

I'm happy that we have our 72 hour kit ready, but to be prepared means more than the 72 hour kit, I know its important to stay together and be ready in all things as family. If our family has to stay together we have to do things together in unity. Our preparedness always starts with our family. 

 Elder Henry B. Eyring said: "In our own time, we have been warned with counsel on where to find safety from sin and from sorrow. One of the keys to recognizing those warnings is that they are repeated. . . . When the words of the prophets seem repetitive, that should rivet our attention and fill our hearts with gratitude to live in such a blessed time.

"Looking for the path to safety in the counsel of prophets makes sense to those with strong faith."

How grateful I am for the leaders that we have to guide and counsel us.Happiness is when we obey the Lord and the counsel of his servants, there is no other way to be truly happy except when we try to live a righteous life.

We often talk about how uncertain things seem to be these times, global crisis and slipping moral footings.  Those who stand for their beliefs and fought in defending their values find themselves picketed, ridiculed or persecuted by so doing, I'm happy we found this place where we can find common moral values with the Muslims. 

 As Pres. Monson said "It would be easy to become discouraged and cynical about the future—or even fearful or what might come—if we allowed ourselves to dwell on only which is wrong in the world and in our lives" 

"My beloved brothers and sisters, fear not. Be of good cheer. The future is as bright as your faith."

I think the best thing we can do, is to continue doing what we know is right, continue in faith, and stand firm in our values and for what is right. Wherever we are in world, there is no other place we can trust to be safest other than our homes, with our families and the key is to strengthen it and keep each one united. Nothing can influence our children more than what we teach and do inside our homes.

1 comments:

Paula said...

It's interesting how things make their way into our dreams...
We've been working on preparedness over here as well. Being in California, earthquakes always seem like a very real threat--we just bought two 55 gallon water barrels, and once those are filled I will feel much better.